Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> 4 wheeler
WOODY
post Jul 6 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Group: CKUA Member *
Member No.: 238

just putting it up again to see if anyone found something decent out there......gently used is my main concern.......I just looked at a 05 rincon and the guy only wanted 3 grand for it so i almost just grabbed the darned thing and figured id spen whatever to fix it.........it looked beautiful untill i really started nit picking and found the welds broke in 3 spots and a bent frame........oh well.....

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Killer Tree
post Jul 8 2006, 08:52 AM
Post #2

CKUA Veteran

Group: Vet / Moderator
Member No.: 107

Woody, I am speaking from experience here, just because the wheeler is cheap in price (sounding like a good deal), most of the time it won't be cheap to use. I bought a 2001 Polaris (yeah, I know (JUNK)) Sportsman 400 for 3000 about 2-3 years ago, then within about a month spent another 800 on parts and labor, then later another 500 or so. By the time I was fed up I had more into that stupid used (oh, did I mention the frame had been straightened) wheeler than I would have had into a brand new one. Unless you know how the wheeler has been ridden, I would stick to new. I bought a Suzuki Eiger 400 and love it. Cheaper than Yamaha (at least around here) and rode much nicer too. Has a straight rear axle but with double shocks instead of the mono shock like Polaris used. Very comfortable ride (done a couple of 40 + mile days on the trails) and of all the wheelers I have drove this is by far the most comfortable ride. Longer body by 3-4 inches over the Yamaha so if you are taller it fit me better, and I drove the Yamaha 350, 400, and 660 and liked the Suzuki the best. I don't need a 660 or anything near that for power and this 400 plows my driveway with a 60 inch plow with no problems. Plus it's fun to get in the mud and play. Oh, did I mention that the Polaris only had 3 wheel drive because one of the knuckles was bad...what a piece of junk.

Anyway, good luck, my advise is that if you can afford it go new (see about hold overs...they have some good deals about this time of year with new model year coming out).

KT

--------------------

There is no problem in the world that can't be solved with the proper application of explosives!

If ever you find yourself in a fair fight, its time to rethink your tactics!

+Quote Post
WOODY
post Aug 5 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #3

BUMP...still lookin for my new toy.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
WOODY
post Aug 20 2007, 08:49 AM
Post #4

ARCTIC CAT 500 4X4 MANUAL locking diffs and a 3000LB winch.................only prob is red......SO ITS RED ......PICS COMIN SOON.........

youll pee yourself when you find out how much i paid for this BRAND NEW BABY.......it begins with a 4 and thats good enough for me....got me a winch on it because of it....

it was sittin way back in a corner with cobywebs all over it..........waiting........

K+N filter and HMF pipe comin soon......then maybe a plow......

picking it up this week......PICS SOON.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Killer Tree
post Aug 20 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #5

CKUA Veteran

Group: Vet / Moderator
Member No.: 107

Cool...but it's red dry.gif

Actually so is my Suzuki

--------------------

There is no problem in the world that can't be solved with the proper application of explosives!

If ever you find yourself in a fair fight, its time to rethink your tactics!

+Quote Post
WOODY
post Aug 20 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #6

YOU SHOULD GET SOME PICS OF THAT BEAST UP.....i hear the ol uki can really roll

--------------------

+Quote Post
WOODY
post Aug 21 2007, 08:22 PM
Post #7

http://www.putfile.com/woodyckua/images/

go here and check em all....TONS OF NEW STUFF..

I know......but you cant have enough toys

cant run with the 2 wheel drives........but guess who will run where they cant....and pull their dumb arses out.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nightwolf
post Aug 22 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #8

Group: CKUA Member
Member No.: 820

My brother had a Yahama Blaster 650 (I believe that was the number) but let me say that thing was a piece of junk. Within the 2 years he owned it he had to rebuild the entire engine because just about everything that could go wrong with the wheeler it did.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andre1982
post Apr 29 2012, 12:34 AM
Post #9

Group: Members
Member No.: 31980

4 wheelers are probably one of the funnest thing you can own. Throw out video games wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 04:35 AM